"Not all those who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkein

Friday, September 26, 2008

Dumpster Chair

Koreans do not reuse anything for fear that they may look poor. Sadly, there are no second hand clothing or book shops here and people throw away perfectly good furniture all the time. This is really sad to me because I love a good hunt through a second hand store, especially with one special person...you know who you are.

This is the third chair I saw in an alley on my walk to and from school and I finally worked up the courage (and muscle) to bring it home. I tried to hale 4 cabs but they wouldn't stop when they saw the chair so I started dragging it down the street. I was a little embarrassed when I ran into 3 of my students but they helped me carry it all the way to my apartment!!!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Proof your students DO LIKE YOU! I would say you could use this as evidence ,however I think it would only lead to more unfair sterotyping for you.
*perhaps they need to be educated as to the benefits of recycling over there.
Great find :)
Continued happy hunting for you, although I would suggest choosing lighter objects in the future. lol