"Not all those who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkein

Monday, December 22, 2008

MATJANG!


Here are some pictures from my FAVOURITE Korean reality TV show, Mu Han Do Jon (Endless Challenge). I had a romantic dream about one of the guys the other night. Ha! Endless challenge had come to my taekwondo studio to do a show and he held my hand!
Last weekend, I got a call from a foreign teacher in Mokpo who needed a partner to go onto a Korean TV--Matjang(Tastes Good)-- with him. Although the call came at 7am and I had just gotten to bed 4 hours earlier, I responded with a very enthusiastic "IM SO THERE IT'S INSANE!". I had wanted to go on the show when I first hear about it way back in September but it's only for couples (or a guy and girl willing to pose as a couple). Anyway, the timing wasn't great (nor was my hair after a night of partying and no time to shower) but I was really excited and ended up having an awesome experience. The show is a cooking competition for foreigners so I had talked to many people who had already been on. Mostly, they concluded that they were happy they did it, but would never do it again. In true Korean style, the organization was pretty bad and the contestants were pretty unaware of what was going on. Although this was the case for my show too, it didn't bother me that much (which is surprising considering how sleep deprived I was). I don't want to give away any details about the show or the competitions we had to do since i want people to be surprised, but I will post a link to the website where it will be posted. Our show is airing on Christmas Eve (which I'll miss because I'll be at the orphan's christmas), but it will be posted on the internet about a week later. I've also heard that people back in Canada have been able to access it as long as they use internet explorer, so I will for sure post the link when it becomes available.

No comments: