Two of my kindergarten students during Sports Day.
The month of May started and ended with a bang! My birthday is May 1st and this year it fell on a Friday. This day happened to be Sports Day at my school so I didn't have to teach (assa!). That night, I threw myself a party and invited about 20 of my foreign teacher friends to my apartment. This was a bit of a problem since I live in a very small place. My solution was to take apart my bed and put it on the porch. It didn't leave a lot of room for sitting, but we were all able to fit inside. A friend, Lisa, brought me a cake and we all enjoyed some drinks and snacks. Afterwards, we headed out to Gwang Nights (Crazy Nights) for some dancing and more drinks. Clubbing in Korea is a very strange cultural experience, let me tell you! Some other foreigners had planned to go to the beach the next day, so that was a nice way to top off my birthday. All in all, turning 23 went pretty smoothly.
The rest of the month has been about exercising and enjoying the weather. The lazy days of summer have already arrived here in Korea for me. I've moved my rocking chair and plants onto the porch and now enjoy dangling my feet out the window while enjoying a good book, green tea and a face mask. I'm taking a break from taekwando and have replaced that with a gym membership.
As great at the month has been, the end could't have come quickly enough, as that signalled the return of my boyfriend!
More on that to come next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment